The province of Central Java, around the city of Jogyakarta, is the most famous part of Java and is, in fact, its cultural centre. This is in part because of the presence there of a variety of religious influences-Buddhist, Hindu, and other indigenous beliefs, which resulted in the construction of the impressive temples of Borobudur, Prambanan and the Dieng temple complex.
The 300 year old city of Jogyakarta is the cultural heart of Java. Here also is Indonesia's oldest palace 'The Kraton,' still the domicile of Jogya's royalty. Even now the current Sultan of Jogyakarta retains remarkable political prestige. Jogyakarta offers an abundance of Javanese art, painting, silverwork, batik handcraft, traditional Javanese dances, as well as contemporary art. The city is the cultural centre not only of Java, but of the whole of Indonesia. From Jogyakarta one can travel easily to the Borobudur and Prambanan temples, which are half-day trips from the city. Jogyakarta is situated between the foot of the still-active Merapi volcano and the mystical Indian Ocean, home of 'Loro Kidul,' Queen of the South Seas.
The most famous of Indonesia's temples is this huge Buddhist pyramid. This is a Buddhism's largest shrine in Indonesia, built in the 9th century. Located north west of Jogyakarta, Borobudur was completed in the second half of the ninth century. Like the Hindu temple complexes Prambanan and the Dieng plateau, Borobudur was unknown and neglected for almost a thousand years, covered under thick layers of volcanic ash.
From a far Borobudur looks like a huge but ordinary stone construction. But from nearby we can see that it consists of hundreds of wonderfully detailed statues and sculptures, representing Buddhist teachings mixed with images of Javanese life of a thousand years ago.
[Details of Borobudur].
Perhaps the finest temple complex in Indonesia, Prambanan is a ten-century old Hindu temple. This temple is dedicated to the Hindu God Shiva, locally called Candi Loro Jonggrang, which means 'slender virgin.' From an architectural point of view this beautifully sculptured spire, fifty meters high, indeed resembles a 'slender virgin.' Like the Buddhist stupa Borobudur, Prambanan was abandoned when the Buddhist and Hindu Javanese inhabitants moved to East Java.
More information for Borobudur Tour :
ONE DAY BOROBUDUR TOUR FROM BALI
The tour leaves early morning from your hotel in Bali (area : Nusa Dua, Jimbaran, Tuban, Kuta, Legian, Seminyak, Sanur, Denpasar & Ubud) and back in the late evening to your hotel. If you stay beyond these areas, it is difficult to catch the early morning flight.
This tour is the most effective way to visit Boorobudur and other temples in Yogyakarta within one day from Bali Island.
Tentative tour Itinerary :
- Airport transfer from your hotel in Bali (pick up time about 05.00 AM (depend on location)
- Flight Denpasar - Yogyakarta by Garuda at 07.10 AM (flight ticket is optional)
- Arrive in Jogyakarta airport at 07.40 AM (Yogya time - one hour behind Bali)
- Pick up at the airport in Yogyakarta
- Heading for the tour to Borobudur, Mendut, Pawon Temples
- Visit Yogyakarta Palace
- Lunch at local restaurant in Yogyakarta city
- Direct to Prambanan Temple
- Dinner at local restaurant
- 07.30 PM transfer to the airport
- 08.50 PM flight to Denpasar by Garuda flight
- 11.00 PM pick up at the airport and transfer back to your hotel
PACKAGES OPTION :
1. Price USD 150.00 per person without flight ticket, including hotel transfers in Bali or USD 135.00 per person without hotel transfers. Minimum of 2 pariticipants.
2. Include return flight tickets by Garuda Airlines at USD 300.00 per person.
Or contact us for a lower price, depending on the holiday season.
Minimum for 2 participants.
Contact us for the price of a single traveler.
Tour includes of :
- Hotel - airport transfers in Bali
- Airport transfers in Yogyakarta
- Private air conditioned tour
- Tour as per itinerary
- Lunch at local restaurant
- Dinner at local restaurant
- English or Japanese speaking guide
- All entrance fees
- Airport and government taxes
Not including :
- Flight tickets (Denpasar - Yogyakarta - Denpasar) [ Check Flight Schedule ]
- Personal expenses (souvenir, tipping, etc)
Booking conditions :
- To secure the booking, we will send you a link to proceed the online deposit with credit card
- The balance of payment will be collected on the departure date in cash(USD, Euro or Rupiah)
- Payment with credit card will be charged in IDR (Indonesia Rupiah) based on the exchange rate of the day and plus 3% of bank charge
- The tours are based on private basis. Sharing with others will be on request
- Participants more than 5 persons, please contact us for the group special prices
- For last minutes booking with flight, please contact us to check the seats availability
- We can arrange the tour with or without flight tickets from other cities (Jakarta, etc)
[Book One Day Borobudur Tour ]